What to Wear and How To Prepare for a Photoshoot
A photoshoot can be a daunting experience, especially if it is your first one. To help you prepare for the day of the photoshoot, we have compiled this handy list of what to wear and how to prepare yourself for any type of shoot!
1) Wear clothes that fit well – When choosing clothing, make sure they are clean and free from stains or tears. If possible, try on some outfits before the actual photoshoot so you can see how they look in person.
2) Style your hair – Your hairstyle should work with the theme of the shoot. For example, if you are shooting outdoors then consider braiding your hair into pigtails or putting it up in a bun with some strands framing your face.
3) Put on some make up – If you are comfortable putting on make up, then do so before the shoot. If not, use some subtle colours to highlight your natural beauty (e.g. eyeliner and mascara).
4) Look fresh and clean – Wear something that makes you look and feel great. If it is a sunny day, wear light fabrics to avoid overheating and getting sweaty.
5) Add accessories – Accessories can add a touch of personality to any outfit. Bring along some statement jewellery or a colourful scarf to brighten up your look.
- Bring along a small mirror in case you need to retouch your make up.
- Wear comfortable shoes that don’t look out of place with what you are wearing. Flat and closed toe shoes work best for photoshoots!
- Keep makeup natural looking and avoid glitter, crazy eyeshadow colours or heavy foundation. Anything too flashy will take away from your natural beauty.
- Bring along a change of clothes in case you get sweaty or the weather changes unexpectedly.
The most important thing is to relax and have fun during your photoshoot! The photographer will help guide you through the process and give you any tips and advice you need. So go out there and slay your photoshoot!
Alice Schultz is a freelance photographer and portrait artist who has been taking photos for 10 years. She specializes in studio portraits, family photos, headshots, and other photography services. Alice also teaches workshops on how to take better pictures with your own camera phone!